Chiropractic Treatment for Shoulder Injuries from Auto Accidents
The shoulder injury is the most prevalent pain from any auto accident. The main cause of shoulder injury during a car accident is bracing. The shoulder may not be strong enough to withstand the compression when the drivers grip the steering wheel tightly upon impact. Similarly, it also happens when a passenger braces using his or her hand as a barrier at the front. However, regardless of the cause of your shoulder, it's crucial to seek immediate injury relief from an experienced professional after an auto accident.
At Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers, we specialize in treating auto accident injuries. We are located in Aurora, Lakewood, and Westminster, CO. Our experienced chiropractors, Dr. Higgins, Dr. Losiewicz, and Dr. Endriss are committed to offering effective auto accident treatment to relieve common injuries associated with shoulder pain.
Causes of Shoulder Pain from Car Accidents
Injuries from auto accidents vary from minor to severe, depending on the patient's circumstances. When an accident occurs, it's vital to seek treatment immediately, regardless of severity, to prevent symptoms from worsening. Common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Soft Tissue Damage: Trauma can lead to tearing soft tissue. Our doctor may recommend non-invasive or treatment for repair.
- Fractures: A fractured clavicle or collarbone limits shoulder movement. Swollen shoulders and decreased range of motion are signs of fractured shoulders.
- Dislocation: If not properly treated, shoulder dislocations cause muscle damage or chronic conditions.
- Torn rotator cuff: This can result from the accident impact. A feeling of pain when moving the shoulder, weakness, and a cracking sensation are all signs of a torn rotator cuff.
Symptoms of Shoulder Injuries from Auto Accidents
If you experience any of these symptoms after a car crash, don't hesitate to seek immediate chiropractic attention:
- Persistent shoulder pain
- Discolored shoulder area
- Difficulty moving your arm
- Joint pain
- Feeling numbness around your shoulder
- Cracking sounds
- Stiff neck
How to Treat Shoulder Pain after Car Accident
Treatment of shoulder pain varies depending on the cause and severity of the injury. Treatments often include:
- Applying ice: use the ice three to four times a day for 15 to 20 minutes. However, don't place the ice on the skin directly. Instead, wrap it in a towel to avoid frostbite.
- Corrective exercises: With stretching and strengthening exercises, you can improve your shoulder's range of motion and alleviate pain. These exercises can also help you avoid future injuries.
- Chiropractic Treatment: seek spinal adjustment from an experienced chiropractor to realign the spine's vertebrae to reduce pressure on the shoulder joint.
At Metro Denver Accident & Injury Centers, we offer effective chiropractic care after a car crash. If you have been in an auto accident, it can take a few days to a couple of weeks to notice conditions. That's why it's crucial to seek treatment before conditions become severe. Our experienced chiropractor will help eliminate your back pain, joint pain and alleviate neck pain injuries.
Contact Us for Shoulder Pain Relief from Our Chiropractors in Westminster, Aurora, or Lakewood, CO
Whether you are suffering from soft-tissue injuries, subluxations of the spine, or herniated discs, we have you covered. We are prepared to help you throughout the healing process by providing various chiropractic care treatments. If you are looking for natural relief from your pain or discomfort, our chiropractors are ready to help you every step of the way. Contact our Lakewood office at (720) 328-9033, Westminster location at (303) 457-4570, or our Aurora chiropractor at (303) 927-7027 to schedule your consultation.